Training & qualifications – SIA Qualification for Close Protection
Core competency training should be delivered as follows:
Knowledge and practical skills training (150 minimum guided learning hours)
- Introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the close protection operative
- Threat and risk assessment
- Surveillance awareness
- Operational planning
- Law and legislation
- Interpersonal skills
- Close protection team work
- Close protection foot techniques
- Route selection
- Use of close protection vehicle techniques
- Search awareness
- Incidents and dilemmas
- Venue based security
- Communication and conflict management skills
It is intended that these training topics be delivered over a minimum of 150 guided learning hours plus assessment. Trainers may not reduce the prescribed learning hours of the training.
In addition to the 150 guided learning hours, a First Aid at Work Award should be delivered to those candidates who do not hold a current First Aid certificate. Details of acceptable First Aid awards will be published later.
For the full definition, download the attached file.