SIA Licences – Door Supervision – People?

by SIA Site Admin // December 12

Who needs a licence? – People

The following categories of people will need a licence if working in the relevant industry sector

  • Security contractors, directors of security companies and partners of security firms;
  • Employees of security contractors, security companies and security firms;
  • Agency operatives performing designated duties; whether they are directors or partners of the agency, employees of the agency or individuals who work for the agency on a contract basis;
  • Employees who manage or supervise security operatives supplied under contract; please note non-security firms would be exempt;
  • Agency-supplied managers or supervisors of security operatives supplied under contract;
  • Directors of security companies and partners of security firms who do not themselves carry out designated activities;
  • In-house door supervisors and vehicle immobilisers and their employers, managers and supervisors;
  • Others who immobilise vehicles on private land against a release fee.

Click here for definitions of the above job titles

Please note: The titles above are not exhaustive – Licensing requirements will depend more on the type of work that you do rather than the title of your job.

Job roles where licensing will not apply for company staff