Who needs a licence? – People
The following categories of people will need a licence if working in the relevant industry sector
- Security contractors, director’s of security companies and partners of security firms;
- Employees of security contractors, security companies and security firms;
- Agency operatives performing designated duties; whether they are directors or partners of the agency, employees of the agency or individuals who work for the agency on a contract basis;
- Employees who manage or supervise security operatives supplied under contract; please note non-security firms would be exempt;
- Agency-supplied managers or supervisors of security operatives supplied under contract;
- Directors of security companies and partners of security firms who do not themselves carry out designated activities.
Click here for definitions of the above job titles
Please note: The titles above are not exhaustive – Licensing requirements will depend more on the type of work that you do rather than the title of your job.
Job roles where licensing will not apply for company staff