SIA Licences – Security Consultancy – Who needs a licence?

by SIA Site Admin // October 23

Who needs a licence?

Private Security Industry Act 2001

Giving advice about security precautions in relation to a person or property or the acquisition of services involving a security operative is a licensable activity.

What is a licensable activity?

The SIA is expecting to begin licensing security consultants in 2006. We will be conducting extensive consultations with industry stakeholders in due course.

Final guidance on our approach to defining the issues concerning security consultants, what will be a licensable activity, who will need a licence and any exemptions, will be published in due course and well before the start of licensing.