Training & qualifications – SIA Qualification for Security Guards
Core competency training is delivered in two parts as follows:
Part One – Knowledge based training and assessment (22 ½ hours)
- Role and responsibilities of security officers
- Customer care and social skills
- Fire safety
- Health and safety
- Dealing with incidents and emergencies
- The Law (civil and criminal)
- Procedures for the control of keys and equipment
- Assignment instructions
Part Two – Practical scenario based training and assessment (7½ hours)
- Communication skills
- Conflict management
These subjects may be delivered over 4 days with an average course day of 7½ hours or, trainers may adopt a more flexible approach to delivery using weekends and/or a combination of evening sessions. Trainers may not reduce the prescribed learning/assessment hours of either part of the training.
For the full definition, download the attached file.