SIA Licences – Wheel Clamping – Exemptions
by SIA Site Admin // April 14
Who needs a licence? – Exemptions
The following kinds of activities may also be undertaken in a security firm providing designated services. The people providing the services will not need SIA licences, if they undertake only non-operational duties
Please note: this list is not exhaustive and may include other areas.
- Accountants – would include individual finance assistants and financial controllers.
- Administrative support – would include secretarial support and office managers.
- Employed to check tickets or passes
- Estate agents – (supervisor or managers)
- Financial controller
- Human resources managers
- Installers of CCTV equipment
- IT support staff
- Marketing and Communications Executive/Staff
- Market researchers
- Members of relevant professional bodies e.g. Institute of Legal Executives, Law Society, and Bar Council etc.
- Legal or financial advisers
- Pub landlords receiving services under contract
- Shareholder or member who is not involved in the running of the company
- Theatre ushers
- Wardens or their managers employed in-house in sheltered accommodation.